Please contact us via our Contact Page if you are interested in Career Opportunities with CEO.
Currently the following opportunities are available at CEO:
1. Career Consultant
The Career Consultant will provide instruction regarding the CEO curriculum, vocational assessments, job development, career development training that includes; resume and portfolio, interview training and other skills related to student and consumer’s career skills and outcomes. The position also requires the Career Consultant to ensure that all documentation, billing and interactions with school districts, ACCES/VR, private pay clients are on time, follow appropriate procedures and documents are constructed with care and quality.
- Certified Special Education Teacher, Certified School Guidance Counselor, MSW, Certified Rehabilitation Counselor, MBA.
- Provide students/consumers with a positive environment and effective counseling to assist them in achieving their career and community goals.
- Enable students/clients to be able to perform effectively in community based worksites using the self direction and other CEO instructional formats.
- Work with student/consumer’s families to ensure that they are active participants in the employment process.
- Effectively able to utilize and modify the CEO curriculum “Career Services…” for each of the students they provide instruction for.
- Provide or provide information and goal activity for any CSE or ACCES/VR planning meeting.
- Perform Level I Vocational Assessments as well as perform all appropriate inventories and assessments pertaining to their student’s transition.
- Interpret and assist student/clients in vocational and transition assessments.
- Assist in the transition and notification of all graduating senior and their linkages to ACCES, CBVH, OPWDD or OMH.
- Attendance at PD trainings regarding regulatory issues and changes in processes related to the job.
- Ensure all student scheduling reports, planners and district activities are submitted on time and accurate using the TransMetrics database system.
- Weekly Planners
- Monthly Calendars * Attendance at all regional meetings or meetings requested through CEO in regards to the implementation and operations of services.
- Ensure documentation regarding activities that are planned have been implemented and reflect the documentation submitted.
- Oversee job placements, community access activities and internship sites for the students the Career Consultant provides services to. For example:
- Job Analysis Form
- Task Analysis Form
- Industry Standard
- Monthly Evaluation
- Work-Based Learning Standards Forms
Student/Consumer Related Services
- Report on and implement transition documents and outcomes for all graduating seniors from respective districts of oversight.
- Provide necessary job development for placement into internships, job placement, WOW Tours, and/or mentor programs for the students/consumers we serve.
- Work with supervisor to develop marketing plans for student/consumer needs and district programs requirements.
- Contribute routinely to the job bank of businesses that are interested in participating with CEO in some capacity.
- Skill and proficiency in the instruction to students and adults with special needs.
- Proficiency in the instruction of applications of transition.
- Be able to provide information to students, their families, and district staff regarding instruction of transition curriculum.
- Be able to relay information regarding the fundamentals of state sponsored adult funding service agencies.
- Able to interpret and utilize vocational assessments as defined by NYSED and ACCES/VR in student/client services.
- Able to schedule and implement worksite instruction as defined by CEO that follows NTACT and ACCES/VR guidelines.
- Understanding of the process of providing instruction to students in special education and use of differentiated instruction and accommodations for instruction.
- Able to provide students with post-secondary preparation programming designed by CEO.
Job Type: Fee For Service
Certified Vocational Counselor
Career and Employment Options Inc. is an agency that provides vocational rehabilitation services to ACCES-VR clients and school districts. CEO is seeking a Vocational Counselor to work with schools and adults in ACCES-VR services. This position is part time with the potential to go to full time.
The Certified Vocational Counselor will perform the following duties:
- Conduct vocational intakes and vocational assessments
- Develop job placement plans
- Provide instruction in areas of job readiness, job coaching and assist clients in applying and locating jobs.
- Maintain caseload of ACCES-VR client
- Willingness to travel on Long Island, work with clients in job sites as well as in the classroom.
- Provide college coaching to students in post-secondary education
Skills: Job development, articulate report writing, provide vocational assessment and be able to interpret all levels of vocational assessment as defined by ACCES-VR, understand the interactions with local community associations and businesses that are required for consistent job placement and internship operations by Career and Employment Options.
Minimum qualifications: CRC or working towards certification, individuals currently in a vocational/ rehabilitation master’s program will be considered.
Job Type: Full-time